Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Your Favourite Recipes and Arthritis Diet Advice from 2013

A very belated Happy New Year to you all. Almost every magazine, website and paper I have encountered in 2014 has been full of some crazy new diet for arthritis or weight loss - from cutting out sugar to fasting, going vegan to strictly paleo. I will post about the various risks and benefits of all these diet regimes for those of us with arthritis but before I do I wanted to revisit 2013.

I'm massively grateful to everyone who reads, comments and cooks from Cooking with Arthur. I love your comments, questions and feedback. I write this blog purely because I'm passionate about healthy eating and cooking with arthritis so it's lovely to find others with the same interest. I love looking back at what people find interesting on the site, so here are your favourites from 2013:

1. Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
This is the most read post on the whole website. Gluten free and the FODMAP diet were both big diet trends in 2013 but I like this as simply just a good, easy cookie recipe that you can make even on a bad arthritis day.

2. Oriental Poached Salmon
A lovely quick and easy arthritis friendly dish packed with anti-inflammatory spices and omega 3 fish oil. If you are looking for a healthy supper you can't go wrong with this.

3. Quick Veggie Lasagna
Despite the shocking photo, my lasagna recipe was very popular. I like to make this when we have guests as it looks impressive but doesn't stress my arthritis-ridden hands too much.

4. Fatigue, Arthritis and Diet
Anyone with arthritis knows that 'my battery has run flat' feeling. I wrote about how your diet can help or hinder your fatigue levels.

5. Weight Loss, Arthritis and Diet
I only wrote this post in November but perhaps as a result of people looking for New Year's diet plans it's quickly hit the favourite posts list.

If there is anything you'd like to see me cover in 2014, let me know.